Wednesday, November 16, 2005

I Like 'Em Feisty


There's just something about those Feisty types
It’s autumn time and there’s electricity in the air around The Hideaway these days. Things are happening. And, it’s all because of this Canadian indie-popster chick I’ve discovered named Lesie Feist. She’s positively rocking King Koopa’s world. Outta nowhere, BAM! Sometimes you’ll just be going out for a walk and you’ll stumble upon a rare, beautiful gem. Sometimes that gem is actually a Canadian indie-popster named Lesie Feist.

Apparently, Miss Feist recorded this album in France, with a bunch of musically-inclined Frenchies. It’s definitely got a different feel to it, I’d probably compare it to the Nouvelle Vague album that came out this summer. Feist’s version of the disco classic, “Inside and Out” is stunning. Her voice is just REALLY doing it for me. Mmm mmm mmm! Best thing I’ve heard in awhile. “Mushaboom” is eclectic English-speaking French chanteuse pop at it’s most delectable. Handclaps, horns, tambourines, pianos, acoustic guitar…it’s awesome. “Secret Heart” is a cover of the Ron Sexsmith tune and the song’s melody has been bouncing around my dome since I first heard it. It’s catchy as hell.

2 comments:

BK/CK said...

I didn't hear of her until lately (it's a long, um, personal story how I came across her stuff) and these are the only 3 tracks that I have of hers. I'm hoping to have the entire disc burned for me at some point down the road. If I didn't have access to it, I'd be purchasing it. This sort of poppy stuff is what I've been diggin on for awhile now.

BK/CK said...

A woman? Hmmm...I'm not sure I have any idea what you're talking about or what would make you jump to that conclusion. There are any number of "personal", non-blogable things in my life which could point me towards a Canadian indie-popster chick named Lesie Feist. I know some Canadians. You don't see me blogging about them all the time, do you? Sometimes Canadians can be complicated and the sources of long stories. Are you requesting some long, complicated stories about Canadians? Is that what will finally satisfy your curiosity about my personal life and how I came across an indie-popster chick named Lesie Feist? Let me know, because I've got a doozy of a story about a drunk Canadian taking a piss in my kitchen, among numerous other great stories.