Friday, March 31, 2006

Don't Move A Muscle


Don't make a move, punk. I could smoke you without coughing.

So, I leave for Hawaii next Wednesday. I can’t wait. This pasty Midwestern boy is ready to kick it on “island time” for a week. Yesterday, I talked to one of my buddies from LA who is going and he’s hooking up a resort hotel in Waikiki for like $60/night. We’ll be splitting our time between there and our friend’s place who lives in some village on Oahu and teaches biology or something. Pays to have friends who have friends in the service industry. You bet yer booty it does.

Here’s another mix I’ve made for the trip. This one is sort of a hangover-friendly morning mix. Island-stylee. I’m calling this one “Don’t Move a Muscle”, it’s one of the most chill mixes I’ve made in awhile. Nothing to get too excited about here, just lay around for a minute and get your wits about you. We’ll go from there…

Curtis Mayfield – Blue Monday People
Lou Rawls – Willow Weep For Me
Feist – Gatekeeper (XFM Version w/ Broken Social Scene)
Shuggie Otis – Island Letter
Charlie Byrd – It’s Impossible
Beck – Ramshackle
Nick Drake – Pink Moon
Herbie Mann – What’s Going On
BB King – Chains and Things
Curtis Mayfield – We People Who Are Darker Than Blue
George Benson – Nature Boy
Shuggie Otis – Aht Uh Mi Hed
Ernest Ranglin – Surfin
Ry Cooder – Poor Man’s Shangri-La
Daniel Lanois – Desert Rose
JJ Cale – Magnolia
Shuggie Otis – Freedom Flight

No comments: