Friday, January 15, 2010

What Have I Been Up To?




Before I get too deep into blogging again, I need to account for the 3+ years I've been absent from this blog.  I owe it to my lovingly concerned readers, who I'm sure called their area hospitals looking for new patients named "King Koopa" and drove down country roads searching the ditches for my twisted frame.  I'm alive, I'm well, and if you're reading this I assume you're about the same.  So, what have I been up to?
1)  I got married to "Elle"!
2)  I travelled the world by bumper boat.
3)  I got two orange kitty cats, Otis & Newton.
4)  I voted in an election for the first time.
5)  I invested heavily in beanie babies.  Oops.
6)  I contracted Hoof & Mouth disease.
7)  I turned 30.  Boo.
8)  I bought a sweet ride!
9)  I got laid off.  Boooo.
10)  I lost weight!  Back in my 36-30s, natch.
11) Ron Artest's R&B label "Tru Warrior" issued my solo debut as compensation for punching me.
11a) I went platinum in Morocco!
12) I started wearing curduroy pants again.
13) I started a small business based on inspection/maintenance for stormwater treatment units.
14) I set up a wireless network in my house to connect my laptop, external hard drives, and stereo.

And, that brings us up to the present.  I just set up the wireless network yesterday and it is a wonder to behold.  I have wireless access to all 22,083 music files on my iTunes and can play them on my wireless speakers with a single click.  Longtime dream come true.  Next up, I'm DJ-ing for my old buddy Jason Rowland's gallery show at the Murphy Building here in Indy on February 5th.  Here's a link to his stuff on Etsy.  But, more on that later!

Enough exposition, right?...lets get to the music!  This track is fresh as Binaca, with equal parts Brazillian Girls, New Young Pony Club & LCD Soundsystem.  And, I've not played it for anybody but "Elle", Otis & Newton.  I hope your dance moves are as good as Newton's!

The Phenomenal Handclap Band - 15 to 20 (feat. Lady Tigra)

Update:

4 comments:

LLK said...

Very nice. I would add:
15) You repaired your digestive system with yogurt.

16) You have become an accomplished salsa maker.

LLK said...

That is a nice looking header I tell ya.

BK/CK said...

You give me the best headers!

Unknown said...

Nice little nugget here Knoop...more people need to know about this group.

Oh and keep up the inside-joke married couple blog banter..