Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Sure Fire Traffic Grabber: New Fugees, "Take It Easy"!

Lauryn's still on my Hotty Top 5

I've been somewhat eagerly awaiting this reunion for awhile. Hip hop reunions have a dubious history. But, The Fugees used to be great, so you never know. Everybody loves Lauryn Hill and she's always been the best part of the Fugees, but Wyclef has done some pretty goofy wacktracks since Fugees broke up. Pras, he just dropped off the face of the earth seemed like. So, without any further ado, download this brand spankin new track and tell me what you think of the new Fugees. I'm gonna hold off on my opinion until I get some posting action on here. (Traffic around the site has been down lately so this is my attempt to get people buzzing around here again.)

The Fugees - Take It Easy

2 comments:

beanjah said...

beats and production are a little busy and cluttered. but it's good to hear wyclef producing and taking more of a diddy/lil jon role (the inexplicable background shouts). don't get me wrong i love, i mean LOVE wyclef, but his lyrics sometimes hurt my heart due to the level of cheesy. with the fugees, clef doesn't have to fill an entire song with his lyrics, he is only responsible for a verse. praswell and l-boogie can (and do on this track) fill in the other verses quite handily.

BK/CK said...

I'll settle for 2 thoughtful comments, thanks guys.

My opinion of the track is basically a combination of both of yours. It wasn't at all what I expected production-wise. WAY yoo much background stuff going on, but that could get cleaned up once the final version gets released. It sounds like a poorman's Neptunes or Timbaland beat. Tired. Tired Tired. Clef is best in small doses, very true. I thought the flows and lyrics were servicable, at best. It's basically just an ass-shakin track and it'll get some mileage and airtime just for that fact. But, like most stuff in the clubs and on the radio, it just ain't got no heart. I expected more from the Fugees, they just sound pretty uninspired on this track.