Tuesday, July 12, 2005

'The Bees Knees' or 'Attack of the Imported Bees'


A young hipster in training for his first beard of real bees. 'Good form; keep that chin up!' Posted by Picasa

A Band of Bees - These Are The Ghosts

A Band of Bees - Wash In The Rain

A Band of Bees - Horsemen

A Band of Bees - This Is The Land

In case you needed further proof of the fact that I’m about 24 times hipper than the average hip-cat, here’s some tracks to download from The Bees (or A Band of Bees, if you’re like me and you're not into the whole brevity thing). I had my grubby paws on this album about a year ago when it was released only in the UK. Finally, they got around to releasing this album in the US a few weeks ago. However, it really steams my veggies that they added 2 new bonus tracks on the American version. Quite the cruel joke on all The Bees completists out there, of which there must certainly be several. But, that’s what record companies are for, right?

I posted the song, "Chicken Payback" from this album awhile ago during my blogular tribute to the animal kingdom. Not surprisingly, it was universally ignored. If you want that song, you'll just have to buy the album and wish forever that you'd listened to me the first time around.

No comments: