Monday, July 18, 2005

Once Again, Back is the Incredible


2 Mex is 2 dope 4 life. Posted by Picasa

2 MEX - Once Again

Songodsuns - Minors Into Fire

Hey, I’m supposed to be running an audioblog, huh? Well, fret not, hideawayheads, I haven’t forgot ya. It’s just that the jobby-job has been beatin me down. I won’t bore you with details, but I’ve been rode hard and put away wet. Lucky for you, I’ve found the next underground rap star in the mean time. That’s right, I’ve found the next #1 stunna. See, I realize that if I’ve got a definitive knack or a niche in this crazy musical world in which I orbit, it’s in finding the next dope rapper who sounds just different enough to make it. If the rap game was like the stock market, I’d be a googlionaire by now. It started back in college with two unknown rap collectives who had released EPs that year: a little group named “Jurassic 5” and a duo named “Blackalicious”. The last nugget I unearthed from the rap garden was ‘EDAN’. Now it’s time to reinvest, to start from scratch and find that next underground chart-climber. Mission Accomplished: I’ve found my diamond in the rough and he goes by the name “2 Mex”. His vocal style reminds me of Lyrics Born, and the production on these two tracks is definitely bangin, thanks to producer Squeak E Clean. Borrowing a page from Madlib’s playbook, he also has several aliases, one of which is “Songodsuns”. Gimme a hollar if you’re feelin this, blogosphere.

No comments: