Friday, January 20, 2006

The Soul Man





If you can't feel Wilson Pickett, you've got no soul at all

Wilson Pickett - Hey Jude

Wilson Pickett - I'm in Love

UPDATE: Wilson Pickett - Man and a Half

We lost yet another great one this week. Man, two great singers in two weeks. Damn. On these two songs, Wilson brings it. "I'm in Love" is one of my favorite love songs, it ended up on a mix I made recently. "Hey Jude" is a burner, it starts kinda slow and then he explodes around the three minute mark. It's one of the best Beatles covers I've heard. It gives me goosebumps sometimes. UPDATE: I forgot about "Man and a Half". Lemme tell ya'll one thing: This song rocks so freakin hard you better be wearin sock-suspenders. Otherwise, it'll knock 'em right off. If you are a man and you're ever feeling down or whatever, just play this song. If you got ladies on your case or bustin your balls, just play this song for 'em and remind 'em you're the cock of the walk. This song is made for struttin and cock-walkin. I'm a man and a half, damn it. Recognize.

Wilson Pickett always sounded like he had something he had to tell you, no matter what he was singing about. He wasn't gonna scream unless he had to, but he was definitely going to get your attention. Lucky for us, he never felt like we were paying attention.

1 comment:

BK/CK said...

That's cool, I wonder what his voice sounded like...he seemed like the type that probably didn't take good care of himself or his vocal chords.