Thursday, April 28, 2005

Hello, Again


hey, what's up tom? Posted by Hello

Lyrics Born - Hello (remix) - production by Jumbo from Lifesavas

Lyrics Born - I Changed My Mind (remix) - production by Stereo MC's (hey, remember them?!)

Goodness gracious hideawayheads, I’m getting old. If my birthday wasn’t sufficient enough to hammer that fact home, my subsequent illness confirmed it. I’ve got a weak constitution that’s all there is to it, and I’m coming to grips with that fact. I’m gonna get sick every time I neglect my body and overextend myself. I drunkenly put a beat-down my immune system like it slept w/ my girlfriend or something. Then my friends got in the act and got in a "shot" or two. But, as happens all too often, my immune system got the last laugh by deserting me in my hour of need.

Last Saturday night was my birthday and I went out with my friends and got twisted like a twizzler. Yes sir, I’m sure I was a sight to behold that night. All you gotta know is that I didn’t drag my ass outta bed until about 4 pm Sunday. That should tell you all you need to know. My joints ached, my lungs were filled to the brim with blackness, and I decided to back out of going to see Yonder Mountain String Band (sorry Seth). Did I mention that I lost my cell phone? (Yeah, so give me a call if you still want me to have your number, mine is still the same.) But, I digress. I’m back. A couple dozen bowls of chicken soup and a gallon of orange juice later, I've mended my relationship with my immune system. We're back on speaking terms at least. And to my hideawayheads, I think Neil Diamond put it best, “Hello my friends, hello. Just called to say hello.” I didn't mean to leave you for so long. And, to give you a flavor of my boogie-down, fun-filled Saturday night, here’s the brandspankingnew lead-off track from the new Lyrics Born remix album. This song would’ve been the soundtrack to my Saturday night. Ain’t nuthin but a party. And, “I Changed My Mind” as remixed by the Stereo MC’s is one of my alltime favorite hip hop tunes given the remix treatment. German funksters The Poets of Rhythm are LB’s backing band on the original version, and it’s a dopeass remix. Actually, it’s the hotness. Quannum Crew representin! I’m highly recommending this album, but beware, it’s not all party tracks and that’s why I like it. The downbeat stuff gives a more complete picture of the artist, something I’m always in favor of. That’s part of the reason why I love Quannum, all their artists aren’t afraid to make an album that’s varied and complex. LB’s got a sense of humor without being jokey and he gets serious without being pretentious. Get hip wit it.

ps - Anybody hear the new Saturn commercial w/ Gift of Gab on it? It’s “The Writz” (it samples “Putting on the Ritz”), which I posted up here a few weeks ago. Watch out, it's a Quannum takeover! (Don't be a hater, these dudes gotta pay bills too. )

No comments: