Wednesday, April 20, 2005

A Plan Comes Together


Now that I have my green tambourine, all I need to start my one-man-band is a mouth harp and a washboard. Giddy-up! Posted by Hello

Mrs. Miller - Green Tambourine

The Lemon Pipers - Green Tambourine

Anybody down for a double dose of Mrs. Miller? No?, well, who asked you anyway? I love it when things tie together in a nice, neat bundle. Ya know, when things come full circle and you’re like, “Whoa”. With today being the unofficial holiday that it is, I was tempted to post up a song for the space cowboys out there. But, why go with the obvious? With Mrs. Miller’s operatic cover of the groovy “Green Tambourine”, I cover all my bases and hit ya with something you ain’t neva heard befo. And, if I’m not mistaken, Buster Larkins’ college roommate’s father was in the band The Lemon Pipers, who wrote and performed the original. And, being in a psychedelic band in the 60’s, I’m quite sure the dude was intimately familiar with all things green. Like whoa. Man, I love it when plan comes together.

4 comments:

Mathis said...

Mouth harp is the new Jews Harp? I like the original, but then again I'm a purist at heart.

BK/CK said...

AM - I believe they are one in the same. Before I posted that, I looked it up because I thought it was a "Juice" Harp. I could be wrong but I think Mouth Harp, Jew's Harp, and Juice Harp are all the same thing.

Figure this out for me, AM. Teach me something today.

Mouth Harp=Jew's Harp=Juice Harp

Anonymous said...

Post some Pink Floyd, Koopa, please?

BK/CK said...

No digitized Pink Floyd, only on vinyl at the moment. There's an Edan song that has a Pink Floyd sample, how's that?

I'll update the Edan post w/ it...