Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Dear Muslimthai.com,

Above: Mr. Boy, offering a traditional Thai 'wai' to apologize during a press conference in Bangkok on Tuesday, Feb 7, 2006. He was responding to Muslims in Thailand who had complained about one of his songs that includes a verse from the Quran, claiming it insults the Islamic holy book.

Dear Muslimthai.com,

I can’t tell you how close I came to omitting the offending song in question, “Maya” from my seminal contemporary Thai rap cd, “Bangkok Boy”. The chick I was dating at the time really liked it and she used her devilish charms to convince me to include it on the album. She had a rocking body and she used it to affect the tracklist of "Bangkok Boy". If only I could go back and scald her with boiling liquids and tell her no, I’m not going to include “Maya” on the record. Maybe all of this could have been averted. You never know. I just wasn't thinking with the right "noodle". I never really liked that song anyway. Listening to it now, I hate it, too. Geez, what was I thinking letting her influence me like that? I’d incinerate my album, too if I was you. In fact, I'll help you. Just give me a 'when' and 'where' and I'll bring my own shovel. Shoot, I must have been smoking some seriously potent Thai-stick to have let that song get through onto the album. (I know smoking weed probably goes against Muslim law too but, hey, I’m just being honest here.) "Earth to Joey Boy!", you can’t lift raps from the Quran! I should’ve known better, plain and simple. All praises to Allah and Muslimthai.com for setting me back on the right path. The non-recorded-Quran-quoting path.

By the way, stay tuned for my new album, I’m going back into studio next week to start self-producing some new tracks. I’m feeling some anti-semitism coming on! Watch out world, here comes the new Joey Boy. Inflammatory anti-semitic style! Bam!

Sincerely,
Joey Boy

No comments: