Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Mylo, Oh My!


Mylo and the Rocketman

Mylo - Drop the Pressure

Mylo - In My Arms

Damnitall, I love days like this! I go to the record store at lunch on new release day pretty often and when the employees of the store are already singing along to the new stuff that came out that morning, I know I’m gonna walk out happy. I didn’t even buy the new release to which they were singing along (Belle & Sebastian’s “The Life Pursuit”). Didn’t have to. There was such an embarrassment of riches released today, I could hardly go wrong. You have your doubts, you say? As you’ll soon hear, I’m right. My friends, please join me in welcoming Mylo, just your favorite new DJ saviour! And now, for the return of the long-forgotten Hackneyed-Comparison-of-the-Day: Mylo’s album “Destroy Rock & Roll” sounds like Daft Punk, The Avalanches, and Royksopp got together to DJ a party. The Hideaway was in need of a new party album; thanks a heap for finally releasing your album stateside, Mylo.
Don't sleep. For goodness sake.

1 comment:

BK/CK said...

Dee-Lite,

I did it all for the people. The Hideawayheads. My insatiable audience. Yeah sure, nobody really downloads, or comments, but...maybe I don't have anything better to do between 8am and 5pm. The approaching springtime will melt the snowpack high up on Mount Workload, flooding my cubicle, and severely impacting my blogging ability. Until then, sit back and enjoy the mildly amusing nonsense.

My girl's slavin away full time at her new jobby-job and taking night classes. She commented the other day in the post that featured the picture of Skid Row's lead singer, "Sebastian" Bach. I presume "Elle" will continue to post comments as time allows.

Have you heard the new Aceyalone & RJD2 disc? I think I like it a lot. It's just solid from start to finish and it sounds so good when it hits your eardrums. Yummy.