Monday, May 16, 2005

Keep Ya Head Up, Midwest!


the middies Posted by Hello

Atmosphere - Say Shhh

Welcome back D! My boy D Friendly is back up in continental mix, so to speak. Dude’s been over in Ghana or somewhere doing who knows what. But, he’s back for a visit to middle America to hang out, watch some MTV, and eat fast food.

I’ve been trying to find a reason to post this Atmosphere song for awhile, now I’m glad I waited. It celebrates everything that’s good about the Midwest, and it’s damn fresh. "[The Midwest] is dope if only simply for not what we have, but what we don't". Ya gotta download to find what what those things are.

shhhh

3 comments:

Mathis said...

Shhhhhhh....

Mathis said...

Thoughts on this, Koopa?

BK/CK said...

Wow. That’s pretty much totally awesome in so many ways. How exciting man!, I wish I was still going to school there. This quote here is what got my juices goin the most: "We're excited by the opportunity to show people that evangelical Christianity is represented by a much broader spectrum of opinion than is depicted by the religious right and the media."

Amen, brotherman.

And, "No single political position should be identified with God's will,"

Hallelujah.

I probably wouldn’t be on the same side as the profs who signed the protest, but that’s not really what matters. Just to have a chance to show that evangelical Christians don’t all think the same is what’s most important. Let’s start the conversation! I hope this gets picked up in the national media, it’ll help to break down the stereotype of the evangelical Christian…up until the point where the religious right disowns Calvin College and it’s principles and calls them a bunch of liberals.

I knew there was a reason I felt I had a unique education experience! Thanks for the heads up.

--Calvin College Grad, 2001