Thursday, May 12, 2005

M.I.A. - The Miss Singh in Action Band


Sorry, this totally has nothing to do with the "M.I.A." that I'm posting today. Looks like an ad for a German nitrous party, no? Posted by Hello

M.I.A. - Bucky Done Gone

M.I.A. - Amazon

Like every other mp3 blog out there, I've posted some M.I.A. in the past. I caught the wave in February (sorry, couldn't help myself), and I've been keeping an eye on her ever since. Then, this morning, a friend told me she was going to M.I.A.'s Chicago show next Thursday. Besides having that buzz of freshness about her, M.I.A.'s got some crazy tight beats. Check it. For some reason, the horns on "Bucky Done Gone" remind me of the theme song from "Rocky". You can playerhate if ya wanna, but you gotta admit, she's pretty good. And, she's pretty smokin' hot.

2 comments:

BK/CK said...

Mr. Friendly and Mr. Larkins back together on the same comment page...ah yeah.

Welcome back from Ghana bro, we'll do our darndest to show you a good time while you're here. Good luck getting tickets to an MIA show, though...

Any requests, Senor Friendly?

BK/CK said...

Wait, I've got the perfect song, don't bother requesting! Check out the Atmosphere track...