Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Life's a Beach, Enjoy It While You Can


Just the 2 of them Posted by Hello

Jorge Ben - Comanche

Cool Benny - Wobble Cha

I haven't posted in awhile and the deafening calls for my return have become too much to ignore. It's time for some new songs up here. My public is demanding and I gotta give 'em what they want: Free songs to download.

I've been busy using all my music/thinking time at work compiling a mix cd for my buddy's trip to Miami and the Keys with his girlfriend. Entirely too much time actually. But, dude gave me a free ticket to a VHS or Beta concert, so I'm obliged to bring my A-game. Plus, I've been talking this thing up to him like it's gonna be the best travelling-with-girlfriend-mix ever. I dare say I've succeeded in my task. I did color front and back covers and everything. But, I enjoy it. Here's the track listing:

1 - Rough House Survivors - Take a Trip updated 5-11-05
2 - The Avalanches - Since I Left You updated 5-11-05
3 - Jamiroquai - Feel So Good
4 - J Live - Give It Up
5 - Jackie Mittoo & the Soul Bros. - James Bond Theme updated 5-11-05
6 - Toots & the Maytals - Funky Kingston updated 5-11-05
7 - Lifesavas - L.I.F.E.
8 - Cool Benny - Wobble Cha
9 - Pete Rock & CL Smooth - Back on da Block updated 5-11-05
10 - Stevie Wonder - I Love Every Little Thing About You
11 - Visible Man (David Byrne) - Fuzzy Freaky
12 - Jorge Ben - Comanche
13 - Ralfi Pagan - Make It With You
14 - Bob Marley - Mellow Mood
15 - RJD2 - To All of You
16 - Mos Def - The Panties
17 - Philadelphia Experiment - Just the Two Of Us (instr.)

As usual, the Bens of the mix steal the show. Jorge Ben is pretty much the preeminent Brazillian musician and he finds his rhythm on this one. If you wanna get a taste of Brazillian music, he's the first place to start. "Comanche" is off the this compilation called "Black Rio" that I picked up a couple years ago. Cool Benny I know absolutely nothing about except that he turned up on a Ubiquity Records sampler called California Soul. Get set to Wobble Cha! Pretty soon you'll be lookin like a wobble cha champ!

1 comment:

BK/CK said...

Hey, it's the "girlfriend"! You're very welcome, Em. Sounds like you guys had a good time down there. I really enjoy personalizing mixes like that for my friends when I know they will appreciate them.