Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Survival of the Fittest


what could I possibly add to this to make it funnier? Posted by Hello

VHS or Beta - Night on Fire

VHS or Beta - You Got Me

He gave me an offer I couldn’t refuse. He said, “Burn me a copy of the new Lyrics Born remix album and make me a summer beach mix for my upcoming vacation to Florida and I’ll go you a free ticket to see VHS or Beta tonight.” I said, “That’s the best deal I’ve heard all week. Count me in.” “He” is my old roommate Palozzy Osbourne and it’s a win-win for everybody. If only everything in life dovetailed together so conveniently for both parties. I’m big on the barter system, too.

Want a personalized mix by King Koopa? Just tell me what kind of theme/feel you want for it and give me a free ticket to a concert and we got a deal. Mix-making is a favorite hobby of mine.

VHS or Beta is a deliriously fun mix of Duran Duran guitars & vocals with Daft Punk dance beats. They hail from Louisville, KY so they come around here pretty often. This is my first time seeing them though. Ain’t nuttin but a party! Better dust off my dancin shoes.

1 comment:

BK/CK said...

Good show, but the Vogue was half-empty. I figured these guys had more mainstream pull than that. They sounded great though. They played their new song live for the first time, guess it was a perfect time to test it out since hardly anybody was there.

"Night on Fire" could easily be one of the best underground singles I've heard in awhile. Since "Float On" maybe? I forgot to mention that they sound like the Cure, too. Beautiful Cure melodies, Daft Punk dance beats, and some Duran Duran poppiness thrown in for good measure. Add it all up = really freaking good.

Don't sleep on this one, hideawayheads.