Friday, March 04, 2005

Don' t Gimme No Lip, Visible Man


visible man = david byrne Posted by Hello


what IS up fatlip? Where's the full length album? Posted by Hello

Visible Man - Fuzzy Freaky

Fatlip - What's Up Fatlip?

The anti-Bushies have spoken. What can I say, I’m a contrarian when it comes down to it and I love a good argument, especially a political one. But, I’m not in the mood to deal with the obviously “entrenched”, those who are already set against Bush seemingly no matter what happens. Oddly enough, most of my friends are entrenched against Bush, so I’m used to it. But, since that means I have no one to commiserate with, I won’t promise not to bring up politics again. I call things as I see them, and I don't have anything personal against Bush. He's wrong almost as much as he's right, but that's politics. I just thought it would be an interesting lead-in to the Lifesavas' “What If It’s True” song. But, nevertheless, a mood-lightening post is in order today.

Besides, its Friday, which usually means Party Day at the Hideaway. And, I’ll be taking a poll today. I’ve got 2 shows to choose from tonight and I need the blogosphere’s help. Should I see the fun, costume funk of “The Mummies” or the Japanese ambient, Godspeedish “Mono”? From what I’ve heard from Mono, it could be an interesting show and something different from the usual fare, but The Mummies are probably more fun. But, if nobody votes it will catapult me into a state of depression and I’ll stay home and read my new Christopher Hitchens book, with a wretched look on my face. Leave a Comment, Vote or Die, Ballot or Bullet!!

Alright, enough audience participation, on to the today’s songs. The first one, Fuzzy Freaky by Visible Man is actually David Byrne on a side project. This song is so good that it’s too the level of “freaky nasty”. I’ve never been what you’d call a David Byrne fan, but his Luaka Bop label has put out some fantastic stuff from all over the world. This song has a couple remixes that I’d love to get my hands on some day. Heck, I’d settle for just finding the Visible Man album. The second tune of the day is Fatlip’s “What’s Up Fatlip” which is semi-famous for the video which was produced by Spike Jonze. I think it’s only found on a Delicious Vinyl sampler compilation that I have. This is another must-have, it’s hilarious. He’s got some kind of voice modulator going, because his voice doesn’t sound that cracked out. Both these songs are essentials, and two of my all time favorites. Plus, they’re rare as hell.

1 comment:

BK/CK said...

Sweet, send that "Whatcha Gonna Do" file over to me bro!

As far as the links, I have problems every once in awhile w/ the yousendit.com servers, so this round of songs I put onto the server site rapidshare.com instead. All you gotta do is go to the bottom of the first screen and click on the "Free" Download, not Premium. Rapidshare is another free server site, but I still like Yousendit better.

But, if that wasn't the screen you were seeing, I don't know what to tell ya.