Monday, March 14, 2005

That's Hot


"that's hot" - the n-iz-ew "bling bling" Posted by Hello

MIA - 10 Dollar

Fat Joe - Safe 2 Say

I’m still recovering from the weekend, maybe you are too (yeah, I’m talking to you AM). Couldn’t think of a good theme for today, so I’m just gonna drop some brand new heat on ya.

MIA’s debut album is gonna drop next Tuesday, the 22nd. I mentioned her a few weeks ago, when I was defending my Steely Dan posting. There’s been some serious hype around this chick already, she’s got the makings of this year’s “I’m Like a Bird”-chick (I forget her name). Case in point: Rolling Stone is calling her out as last month’s Person to Watch, or whatever hype term they use. I think she’s from Sri Lanka originally. Back is my clubbin days I would’ve called this a “banger”. Hipster Americana is gonna eat her up with a spoon (and then spit her out by the end of the summer). But, when it comes down to it, she’s got a sexy voice and a body to go with it. It’s a catchy tune, get hip to it before she’s uncool.

The second track, Fat Joe’s “Safe 2 Say” is gonna come out on his new album due out in late-April. It’s produced by Just Blaze and it is blazing, indeed. This is NY hip hop in tip top form. Sonically, it’s probably closer to old Public Enemy than anything that’s come out recently. This track is a banger too. It’s been out for awhile on 12” and I’ve heard that it’s been tearin up the streets.

These are 2 more tracks that will be bustin up the scene in a month or two, DON’T SLEEP ON DEEZ (NUTS)!!!

No comments: