Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Hideaway Party Essentials


Posted by Hello

Beck - Where It's At/Make Out City (remix)

Grandmaster Flash - The Adventures of Grandmaster Flash On The Wheels Of Steel

Ah, it's springtime in the Hideaway...my favorite time of the year. Maybe it's the shock of sun and warm weather after so much gray chilliness, I don't know. What I do know is that when it gets warmer, I get looser. I when get loose sometimes I like to move my body in a rhythmic fashion in time (as much as caucasianly possible) with music. Furthermore, I've got a select few musical numbers that never fail to get me and my dutch-butt movin and/or groovin. People around me have been known to do likewise, and 'get up offa that thang' as they say. Not so coincidentally, this is one of those aforementioned musical numbers. It's Beck's "Where It's At" remixed with elements of "Adventures of Grandmaster Flash on the Wheels of Steel". (And, because that tune is so dope in and of itself, I've included too). I think this track is also known as "Make Out City" now that I'm looking around for details on it. I found the song in the middle of a crappy Vans Warped Tour promo that an old roommate passed on to me. Beck wasn't even ON the Vans Warped Tour! This diamond in the rough was surrounded by a bunch ska and alt.rock songs. U.N.K.L.E. also did a remix of Where It's At but it wasn't nearly as good as this version.

If you've been at a party with me where I was in charge of the music, you've heard these songs. They're bootybumpalicous. (Please don't steal that word, I just made it up.)

No comments: