Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Live Long and Prosper


as usual, spock puts it best Posted by Hello

A Hideaway Exclusive: Happy For You

George Harrison - If Not For You

Bob Dylan - If Not For You

Today I bid farewell to another old friend who is packin it up and heading to Los Angeles. He’s probably the most musically-inclined friend of mine, and the two of us had a couple chances to create some music together. We were just having fun and messing around, but I’m pretty happy with what came out of our first collaboration, even though it’s got some rough edges. We were gonna add some vocal sample snippets and add some other elements to dress up the rest of it, but never got around to it. To go along with the song we made, I’ve also posted the song we sampled the guitar sounds from, “If Not For You” by George Harrison (from All Things Must Pass), which is a Bob Dylan cover. And, I’ve included a bootleg/demo version of Dylan’s original (From The Bootleg Series, disc 2). We just sped up Harrison’s slide guitar sample, added some drums, hand claps, and what-have-yous…yada yada yada…I give you “Happy For You”.

And so, as the lights dim, and this scene in my friend’s life comes to a close, I know that in a few moments the next scene will begin and the stage lights will be “all bright” again. Heads up, American Mastodon, he’s comin your way!

1 comment:

Mathis said...

WTF!! Is he coming out here to wait tables at the Olive Garden? I need more info. Shoot me a line.