Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Getting In Early


the earlies Posted by Hello

The Earlies - One of Us is Dead

The Earlies - Morning Wonder

The Earlies - Song For 3


The Earlies - Bring It Back Again

I’ve got a burning question for all my fanatically devoted, comment-leaving subscribers. Which is better?: 1) Getting to download tracks from a newly released domestic album (Sam Prekop), or 2) Getting to download tracks from an import-only album by a band that is playing their first ever US gigs TONIGHT at the SXSW festival down in Austin (The Earlies)? It’s a question no one should have to answer, but that’s what I’m asking of you. I’m sure it’ll be tough, no doubt, but I have faith in my constituents.

Alright, today’s songs are from The Earlies who released their debut album in England in July 2004. If you’re eagerly awaiting the next Flaming Lips album, this should tide you over until this summer/fall when that drops. Half the group is from Britain, half is from Texas and they sound like Spiritualized & Brian Wilson got together to record some Flaming Lips-type songs (I’ve committed myself to do more hackneyed comparisons like this on here, people seem to like them.) A little bit psych and a little bit orchestral, it's perfect for a Sunday morning or a lazy sunny afternoon. Hopefully the SXSW festival will create some more hype around this band so they’ll release their album stateside at some point.

Check out "Morning Wonder" first, that's the song I heard that got me into this album in the first place.

--And, my regular server site youshareit.com is operational again. Hopefully there won't be anymore problems for awhile.--

No comments: