Thursday, March 31, 2005

A Little Bit of This and a Little Bit of That


I recommend taking a little bit of this and a little bit of that and mixing them together. You trust me, don't you? Posted by Hello

Team 9 - Screaming Pro

The Beastles - Tripper Trouble

DJ Shadow vs. Keane - We Might As Well Be Strangers

It’s remix day! I’m pretty proud of these, if it’s possible to be proud of stuff you’ve downloaded (I’m a music geek, so it’s possible). Unlike most the other stuff I post up, I downloaded all these. The Team 9 track is found on Beck's website in the links section (worth checking out). It rocks so hard I’m having trouble controlling myself as I type this. I just wanna smash my keyboard into plastic shards and tear down the walls of the hideaway. It’s a seamless mix of Beck’s “E-Pro”, Michael Jackson’s “Scream” and AC/DC’s “TNT”, Oi! To describe it as energetic would be a gross understatement.

The next track by “The Beastles” is a remix of the Beastie Boys “Triple Trouble” and the Beatles “Daytripper”. Almost as energetic and awesome as the Team 9 remix, they’re both raveups that will get you ready to go out for the night.

The third remix is another new one, it’s the latest official release by DJ Shadow, the dj who saved my life last night, figuratively at least. He’s remixing Keane’s song “We Might As Well Be Strangers”, and it’s not a raveup like the first two, but it’s every bit as great. It sounds nothing like the DJ Shadow that I've come to know and love, but it's the man's gotta change, right? Give a listen and get an idea of the direction that Shadow's next album could go. I saw Keane on SNL and they sounded great, but when I listened to part of their album at my local record store, it didn’t hook me, besides the two singles. The lead singer has a great voice though. If the first two tracks are to be played before you go out, this song should be played on the way home.

Have a great weekend, Hideawayheads.

6 comments:

Mathis said...

Please tell me that that is a picture of someone you work with. Please.

BK/CK said...

I wish. This guy looks like he'd be the life of our office parties, though, if he did work here.

Nope, he's a "mix up" google image search.

Anonymous said...

AM has a good idea. Koopa, let's see some photos from the office. I know you can find an excuse, and I need some entertainment today.

BK/CK said...

How about me sitting on Santa's lap from a few office Christmas Partys ago? (before anybody gets excited, there's no way I'm posting that).

I'll see what I can do. I could just post some of the nerdier folk around here, wouldn't be tough.

Mathis said...

In the interest of you not getting fired, I would suggest not publishing pictures of people you work with. Just one guy's opinion. Your mileage may vary.

BK/CK said...

Yeah, I think you're right. Last thing I need is for my blog to be causing me real-life drama. And, as my co-workers don't share my sense of humor, the possibility of people getting ticked off at me and subsequently canning my ass is a clear and present danger.