Friday, February 25, 2005

It's Dre Day



Dr. Dre, Snoop, Kurupt - Nuthin But a G Thang (freestyle)

These two really don’t need any introduction. It’s a Friday. You ain’t got shit to do. Take a trip to Long Beach, circa 1993.

Snoop gets loose on this track, you can tell this is just a freestyle session that didn’t make the album. I can still smell the gin on his breath. From what I’ve heard, this is pretty much how the Chronic sessions went, Dre would get people together and record everybody’s freestyles and he pieced the final album together from the best bits and pieces. Who knows how much tanqueray and chronic was ingested and how many times Snoop said “Biiiiaaattch” during these sessions? Thankfully, copious amounts of all three elements were present, leading to the masterpiece that is “The Chronic”.

I’ve got 2 other tracks but they’re both about 10 minutes long and won’t fit on the youshareit servers. If you’re email system can handle emails over 10 MB, let me know and I’ll try and zip them out to those who are interested. Buster, don’t even ask, because I know your email can’t hang w/ deez. Deez nuts.

No comments: