Tuesday, February 15, 2005

The Precedent


keep your ears peeled when this drops... Posted by Hello

MC Zaakir & DJ Einstein - Have and Have Nots

The Honeydrippers - Impeach the President

What's up peeps and peepettes, today you get to download a vinyl-release-only limited edition treat. Ever heard of Jurassic 5 and Ugly Duckling? Hopefully you have, but regardless, the first track is a collaboration between Zaakir of J5 and Einstein of Ugly Duckling and it's some hot business. It's from the fortcoming compilation album "Impeach the Precedent". The full length CD will be coming out soon, keep an eye out. There's also a Poets of Rhythm track, a Breakestra track, and collab between Thes One (P.U.T.S.) and J-Live, I'll post that down the road. The Honeydrippers track, "Impeach the President", is the reference point for the compilation album and it's a hot little 70' funk number itself.

I know a lot of my friends probably would impeach Bushie if they had the chance, but that's not why I posted this stuff, I'm not a Bush hater. I'm more of a purple-state guy, lil bit blue & a lil bit red (but not communist red, and not purple in the gay teletubby way). That reminds me, I've got some anti-communist folk songs to post up here some day. Have a good one.

8 comments:

Mathis said...

I get it. It's like President, but it's Precedent.

Rockstars = clever.

BK/CK said...

It'll all make sense once I post some tracks up...

Mathis said...

FYI, none of the links work.

BK/CK said...

Thanks for the heads up bro...To my ignorant eye, it appears that the server site s2.youshareit.com is down. I think it was working this morning. I can't even access the main upload page anymore. Any computer nerds out there who can help a music nerd?

But, for whatever reason, the Lemon Jelly and Curtis Mayfield links still work. I can't believe nobody is downloading the Lemon Jelly song, my first post! Don't let Peter Cetera scare you away, he won't bite. And, don't worry that you've never heard of Lemon Jelly; when they blow up you'll be glad you dedicated a scant 6.6 MB of your hard drive to their rarest song.

But, that is neither here nor there...unless anybody has some ideas, I'm going to twiddle my thumbs for a day and see if I can't wait this mess out.

BK/CK said...

And...it's working...

BK/CK said...

And...now it's not...

BK/CK said...

And, now it is...The server site gets overloaded sometimes, so if it won't load the downloading page, you might have to wait a bit till things cool off.

BK/CK said...

Ah shibbies, we got a buster up in here!