Thursday, February 24, 2005

Rock-Out Whilst One's Cock's Out


pete rock Posted by Hello

Pete Rock - Back on the Block

Pete Rock - Straighten It Out

Greetings and salutations. Today’s offerings come from one of my favorite hip hop producers, Pete Rock. Pete’s another guy who gets mad respect from the underground, (especially DJ Shadow) but from my perspective I can’t tell how much love he gets these days from everyday heads like you and me. My neighborhood indie record store only carries his newer discs of snoozy/woozy instrumental hip hop, but his earlier stuff is what established him. These 2 songs are from Pete’s earlier years when he & rapper CL Smooth were wreckin sets from here to Bombay. I’ve got another day or two’s worth of quality posts from Pete & CL, but I’ll have to gauge the interest. They’re most famous song was probably “They Reminisce Over You (T.R.O.Y.)”, but I stopped myself from posting that today.

Be sure to drop by tomorrow. I may or may not have some rare freestyles and b-sides from THE CHRONIC sessions, featuring my alter-ego-namesake Snoop d-o-double-g. They only came out as b-sides on the 12” singles. Please don’t be that guy who sleeps on Snoop. Just, don’t be that guy. And, maybe next week I’ll get around to posting Jay Z’s first appearance…maybe. Ride the rhythm…

No comments: