Friday, February 18, 2005

That's "Ludakriss", bro


-- Posted by Hello

-- Posted by Hello

Ludakriss

Another mash-up. Another gem. Remember back in middle school when seemingly intelligent friends of yours started wearing their clothes backwards? Blame it on Kriss Kross. Two little kids with a flow you ain't never heard came along and suddenly had normal suburban kids zipping up their asses and buttoning up their backs. Skidz/Hammer pants weren't hip hop enough, if you wanted to show how "with it" you were, you had to wear your jerseys and baggie jeans backwards. Cultural phenomenon? Sort of. A cruel joke pulled on white suburban kids? Certainly. Well, it was only a matter of time before this middle school dance classic was revived and put into a new context. Welcome to the present, cause this track blends "Jump" with a Ludacris song (honestly, I don't know which song of his this remixes) to pleasure-peaking results. Go ahead and start smiling now, get those mouth muscles warmed up. It really is the party song of the year, and it's addicting...you've been warned.

6 comments:

BK/CK said...

Think I saw Kenny Bloggins with Jim Messina and the rest of Poco, heading west on the Highway to the Danger Zone.

Mathis said...

Question for the Koopa: do you think that you grew up in a "suburban" setting? Because that would make SR 800 a suburb of Claypool? Or is Claypool a suburb of Silver Lake?

Please explain.

BK/CK said...

I didn’t mean to imply that I wore my clothes backwards, I was merely speaking in generalities, I never wore anything backwards. When you’re as naturally fly and self-assured like I was as a prepubescent middle schooler you don’t have to worry about being "cool" or chasing the new style. I was on some next level style that people are still catching up to. Homemade Skidz pants, Colour Me Badd T-shirts, and whatnot, boy you shoulda seen me! Had the ladies swoonin’!

BK/CK said...

...Besides, everybody knows I lived in a suburb of Packerton...used to go there on the weekends for our big trip to the city and stock up on soda from the Coke machine.

BK/CK said...

Zero Downloads on this song & the Biggie tracks...looks like it might be just us chickens on this blog, fellas. Let me know if you 2 have any requests...The Earlies seem like a natural next post since I've been hyping them up to both you guys. Also, I'm going to K-Zoo to see Wilco w/ Buster next weekend, so I'll be posting some rare Tweedy, too.

BK/CK said...

What up D, happy to see ya on here...I can't do much about your case of hateatosis though. You appear terminal. But, all hope is not lost. I got a doctorate of haterism recovery at some doctor-by-mail Mexican university, so I'll see what I can do to at least alleviate your symptoms.