Tuesday, February 22, 2005

It's a free-style-for-all


solesides=quannum Posted by Hello

Quannum Crew - 8 min Freestyle

Lyrics Born - Do That There (remix) - link fixed

In response to those who sweat out Technicolor haterade like a Gatorade commercial, I present a freestyle to finally put an end to any further freestyles. No need. These guys already knocked it out, quit tryin. It’s quite simply the tightest ish you’d ever want tickling your inner ear. Any tighter and I’d have to get FDA approval for it and dispense it out of an eyedropper. This is a 8 min. freestyle session featuring DJ Shadow and Chief Xcel mixin up the beats while the Gift of Gab (Blackalicious), Lyrics Born (Latyrx), Lateef the Truth Speaker (Maroons, Latyrx), and Vursatyl (Lifesavas) go round for round, pound for pound and kick lyrics like rednecks beating their dogs. This was recorded live in a BBC studio for the Breezeblock on Radio 1 over in Britain.

Second track, Do That There remixed by DJ Einstein has only been released on vinyl so far. It's off Lyrics Born's forthcoming remix album which should be out in March sometime. Rumor has it that KRS-One, Cut Chemist, E-40, and more are gonna be guesting on the remix album. Should be a hot album, LB has basically redone all the songs w/ new lyrics and new production. The dude's a one-stop shop, he produced his album Later On That Day on his own, took him a few years but it was worth the wait.

5 comments:

BK/CK said...

Thanks buster, yeah, I'm surprised I haven't had more responses to this thing. I just wanted a place to bullshit about music with people. To anybody out there who's checking in, just drop me a line and say what's up. Let me know it's not just Buster, D Friendly, and The American Mastodon riding on these rails. Where you at Doc McGradencrock?

Tell me what you don't like, tell me what kind of stuff you'd like to see/hear on here. I'll dive headfirst into the crates and resurface the next day with somethin for ya.

Mathis said...

Let the momentum build, KK. You're like the Howard Dean of the blogosphere. Who is this guy? Governor of Vermont? Never heard of the place!!

Let the grassroots coalition gain some steam, keep doing your thing, and occassionally provoke people or post naked pictures of celebrities. Then watch the numbers go up.

But just give it time, nurture it, love it. You know what they say. Other people can't love your blog until you love it first. So B Real.

But I suspect there's more in the mix. So I'll just come right out and say it, and you can take it for what it's worth. If, honestly, the only reason you're doing this is to get laid, then that's just sad.

Although, truth be told, it has worked for me a number of times, though regretably only with very old men.

BK/CK said...

Yeah, I know, I really need to put more TLC into the site (and, no I'm not going to post "Waterfalls"). The blog-love will come once I get a for-dummies book on html code...and it wouldn't hurt to have my own computer so I can do some of this outside of working hours. Kinda cramps my style ya know?

BK/CK said...

AM: Good luck with the geriatric manlove you've been gettin. I'm a people-pleaser, but I draw a line somewhere. I've got more universal goals though, I'm tryin to set my feet on higher ground. I wanna make the world a better place through my blog. Is that too much to ask?

BK/CK said...

"Ooh, you like that beat huh? There's plenty more where that came from...but I don't have it here..."