Wednesday, February 09, 2005

When the Cookie Jar Is Empty


Posted by Hello

Michael Franks - When The Cookie Jar Is Empty

When I decided to post this song, I looked up ol' Franksnbeans on ubl.com. Here's what they have to say:
An enormously popular performer in the late '70s and early '80s, Franks performed folk/rock songs while in high school, then became a literature student at UCLA and a part-time performer. He taught undergraduate music courses in the early '70s at both UCLA and Berkeley, then provided scores for the films Count Your Bullets and Zandy's Bride. He made his first album in 1973, then enjoyed success with a string of late '70s albums on Warner Brothers.

Here's what I have to say: I wouldn't trust anyone who doesn't like this song. It combines sounds from Brazillian music, jazz, and 70's singer-songwriter stuff. That said, I'm not quite sure what this song is about. My best guess: The lack of drugs in the cookie jar. Anyway, it reminds me a bit of Jamiroquai (who I heard is putting a new album out and possibly a world tour...hmmm...Stay tuned...).

No comments: