Friday, February 04, 2005

Welcome to the Hideaway



Lemon Jelly - Soft


It's a beautiful day in Koopa's Hideaway. The sun is shining and the ocean breezes are blowing. And, I’ve figured out how to post songs and whatnot, so I can finally start up one of these blogs that I’ve been hearing so much about. Unless I'm mistaken, the link above will allow you to download the Lemon Jelly song, Soft. It's a simple lil downbeat tune, but it's got a cool Peter Cetera/Chicago vocal sample from the song “If You Leave Me Now”. What?, Peter Cetera and cool in the same sentence? I know, last time that happened was 'a long time ago-hoo', when Karate Kid Pt. 2 came out. But, the song works. Their style of music is kinda like me, amusingly cheeky. And for my cooler-than-thou blogger moment: This song is the b-side for the 7” single for “Nice Weather for Ducks” (part of a limited edition of 2000 copies.) They’ve got a terrific new album & dvd out now, ’64-’95, if you have the means I highly recommend picking one up. It’s on heavy rotation in Koopa’s Hideaway at the moment.
http://www.lemonjelly.ky/

No comments: